Friday, April 22, 2005

A bug in the system

Yeck. I've been down for the count for over 24 hours with a nasty bit of fluish-virus, and my aching head is only further burdened by the political crackling in Pleasant Valley. PM Paul Martin made an unprecedented live national address during primetime TV last night which left most of us kind of scratching our heads up here. Why on earth would you add more fuel to a fire that is already burning so completely out of control? It doesn't add much to the heat, but nor does it do anything to diminish it. Just more of the same kind of knee-jerk commentary from all of the opposition leaders, as they re-rehearse they're already overwrought soundbites about "election without Gomery vs. Gomery without election," or "no more corporate tax breaks," or "what's good for Quebec is good enough for me." Yeck. A virus almost as potent as the once presently taking up residence in my sinus cavities and environs...

So tonight I plan to watch Coronation Street, rent Motorcycle Diaries, and then sink into a hot bath. I will forget about the teetering Parliament, the continuing post-Pope watch, the on-going (yet virtually unreported) turmoil in Iraq, the sinking stock-markets, and most of all my throbbing head, and instead I will quite simply zone out...

1 comment:

mollyblogger said...

AW... honey.... forget about that Mr. Martin and you just get some zzzzs.

Trust me, 2 weeks later, I'm still sick... I can sympathize.

Love you!
D.