Saturday, April 01, 2006

more dispatches from the random files:










"Jo Jo Melons" has a lot to answer for. This is nothing but unadulterated nightmare-fodder. And honestly, who in their right mind buys melons from a clown??


I stumbled across this and many other vintage melon labels while conducting some google-based research too ridiculous to explain...you can find the fruits of my labours by clicking here.

And, in the news today:

Boy's pancake breakfast delayed the end of WWII

This is 100% true, and truly random! And really, how often do you get the chance to write both "pancake breakfast" and World War II in a headline? Fabulous...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The above is from "jo-jo".

Anonymous said...

The latest "hot" food item in Toronto is the "square" watermelon, or rather a perfect cube because it's grown in a cubed-shaped glass container. It weighs five kilos and sells for $60. Got a name for THAT kind of melon??

notsirjohn said...

Hmm..."square" watermelon you say? How about "Jo Jo's Box"?? :-P

mollyblogger said...

Everyone's always harping on the clowns... Clowns have just as much right to sell melons as you or I.

Don't be a hater.

notsirjohn said...

My darling Molly please understand when I say: Fear and loathing are not the same thing. Although I'll grant there is nothing wrong with clowns SELLING melons, I simply questioned the idea of BUYING from said clown. But I will now endeavour to do all things that are within my power to not be a "hater", even if that means buying melons from a clown... :)