Wednesday, February 08, 2006

finally i have returned...but will Harper drive me to the drink?




Yes, yes, yes it has been a LONG time since I've added words to these pages, and for that I apologize to those at home and abroad (I'm looking at you Taiwan) who've been wondering where my insightful and witty missives have gone. Well, there have been a few changes over here in Pleasant Valley: I've moved to more urban environs (still pleasant, but now with 100% more concrete); I've had a few more scattered adventures in my former home of Toronto (on the Government tab no less!); and a brand new Conservative government has found itself in the halls of power, something of a "wait and see" situation to say the least. Sigh.

For the time being I'm hoping to find good fodder in the unfolding story of our strange new experiment in government, and will otherwise weigh in on the incidental happenings as I find them news and noteworthy.

In the meantime, because I'm still getting my bearings again, I'll ask for patience if the postings are at first sporadic, but promise I'm back and will be much less negligent of my little corner of cyberspace in the weeks and months to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I keep looking at the "0 Comments" spot and think that SOMEONE must welcome "notsirjohn" back to active service here. We MISSED you! Let's hear from more friends, and you, soon again! Love and hugs.

Anonymous said...

C'mon, guys! If you don't respond, he might be driven to 'absolutely fabulous' DRINK! L&H.