Sunday, June 19, 2005

intermission

I've now reached the 2.5 month mark in the valley, a strange anniversary I know, and in looking back on the past few weeks I feel as though all my original assumptions about this time in Pleasant Valley have been tested to the limit - some still hold true, others not so much...

This entry is not intended to be an apologists manifesto for my patent lack of posts lately, but simply to say that I don't have a lot to say right now; the experiences have been a little denser than usual this month, so I'm still actively trying to unpack it all, and for this reason am admitting something of silence into my world, just to calm down and try to see with a little more clarity what I've actually been doing since I hit the valley.

So this is a temporary intermission, perhaps a little longer than the standard 20 minutes, but enough time to grab a quick glass of wine at the bar, use the facilities and find the seats again before the curtain rises on Act II...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know of a monastery you could retire to, if it comes to that....